Thursday, November 23, 2006

Pains of loosing

Again, the words of others say a lot.
I am over my past.
i feel the need to read these things.
These things make me happy.

"Looking back I have
So many questions unanswered
What once was clear is now so blurred
A future assured cast now in doubt

Between us was an electricity
So filled that none could deny
An intensity such as this man
Has never before felt or will again

We shared common thoughts
Your dreams I thought I knew
My dreams you did know
My heart was held in your hands

All my years of pain now had reason
Anguish felt to better appreciate you
My heart knew never to let you go
To give you all of myself without reservation

Your voice calmed my darkest nights
Illusion was mine that I calmed yours
Hope brought into my darkest hours
Life brought to a dead soul

Was it all just an illusion before my eyes
What was my misstep that cost me your love
Was I imagining something that didn’t exist
Or was something precious destroyed for fear

Love and compassion offered to you instead
Of the pain and anguish he gives
A choice I thought would be simple
Now made inexplicable to me

This garden I offered you in ruins now lies
Without rhyme or reason
Paths destroyed hopes battered
Bridges burned in silence

I bid thee well on the road you take
Mine shall not be so easy
Filled with the memory of what could have been
And crushed by what never shall be"

Labels: