Monday, May 11, 2009

Infatuation

Someone on this blog told me that the reason that I am so closed off to the rest of the world is that I have not found anyone that I find worthy enough to open up to. While I totally agree with this assessment, I know that there are people that I would completely open myself up to, if I knew that they cared. I found this quote on iGoogle this morning:
"An ostentatious man will rather relate a blunder or an absurdity he has committed, than be debarred from talking of his own dear person." - Joseph Addison

A big problem that I have is that I do not feel that the things that I have to share are worthy of anyones time. I know that I feel strong emotion, but why would anyone care what I am feeling unless they have a special interest in me? Inversely, how can I truly know that someone is interested in me (or potential to date) unless they know what I am feeling? This image comes to mind:

Hosted by imgur.com

Eventually, I have a feeling that I will find someone that feels as right for me as I do to them, but that seems so far away. I know that all I can do is embrace simple patience and wait for it to happen, but I am not good at waiting. I have met many people that I would love to date, but (as always) they do not share my feelings.

"As an unperfect actor on the stage
Who with his fear is put beside his part
Or some fierce thing replete with too much rage
Whose strength abundant weakens his own heart
So I for fear of trust forgot to say
The perfect ceremony of love's right
And in mine own love's strength seem to decay
O ercharg d with burden of mine own love's might
O let my looks be then the eloquence
And dumb presagers of my speaking breast.
Who plead for love and look for recompence
More than that tongue that more hath more exprest
O learn to read what silent love hath writ
To hear what eyes belong to love's fine wit!"

-William Shakespeare (Sonnet 23)

Labels: , ,