Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pandora

I have fallen for a girl, a girl named 'Pandora.'  Hold on before you alert the press and call in the marching bands, please note that I have never meet this girl and I will never see her again.  Why then, you might ask, have I fallen in love with her?  Let me explain . . .

January 8th was my fathers birthday.  As custom for either of our birthdays we went to Outback steak house for dinner.  While waiting for our food I overheard a conversation 'Pandora' was having with her date at another table.  She was expressing how she really like to date people that enjoy just going out and doing this outrageous thing called TALKING.  She said that too many people just want to go a movie and not talk to the other person and say that it was a great date.  However, the purpose of dating is to find out who you are compatible with and if they are your soul mate or not.  I could not agree with her more.  One of my biggest frustrations with women of my age, around Reno, is that they are too shallow.  They just want the mindless movie and giggling.  I am sick of women like that and it almost turned me off to dating until I was in another town.  Then I saw 'Pandora.'  I call her 'Pandora' because she was wearing a very witty white t-shirt that said just that on it.  Now get this straight; I do not really love her.  I fell in love with the possibility of women like her.  She revived the hope of intelligent love within me.  Since then I have happened upon a few women that are witty, smart, funny, and can actually converse on a human level of thought.  I now have hope that even my love life can be more like the caustic nature of Igby . . . Life is good.

Labels: