Thursday, February 22, 2007

Blue Skys, and Cloudy Minds

The thoughts pile up in my mind as the water pools in my eyes. My pupils turn to into question marks and the sound of confusion floods my ears. I sit, surrounded by my desires, yet I cannot see what they are. I am feeling around my heart as a blind man feels his way through the world. My world is dark while my eyes are wide open. I cannot see past the shadow drawn over my minds eye. I once held the answers, and there was a time that the world was clear. However, that time has passed and the answers are gone. They left on a train at dusk for a far distant land. I knew as I saw the train pull from the station that, with it, went solution to the puzzles of my mind. Everyday after that I searched my heart for the key to my problems, but to no avail. I thought I had found it in the hidden darkness of a restaurant one glorious Friday night, but to my dismay it was no more than a weekend of excitement and a lifetime full of pain. "Maybe it ran from me?" I thought. so I turned north for the nest of this migratory beast, but I feel that what I saw was instead more questions. Could it be at the bottom of my coffee? I have seen the bottom of many a cup of coffee, and I am assured it is not there. So, I sit. I sit and I allow the tears and thoughts and questions and puzzles and darkness to engulf me and slowly digest me into nothingness. For this is the life that I lead, or am lead into. This is the forest that I am lost in with no one to show me the way . . .

Labels: